Recognized Family Law & Divorce Attorney
Nichole is a family law attorney who assists individuals experiencing divorce or other family issues, including child support and allocation of parenting time and parental responsibilities.
Nichole M. Waltz attended the University of Iowa as an undergraduate then DePaul University College of Law where she earned her juris doctorate. After becoming licensed in 2001, Nichole worked as an associate at a small law firm where she represented clients in a wide range of legal areas including family law, criminal defense, and civil litigation.
Since approximately 2002 Nichole has focused her practice area in family law where she assists individuals with traditional litigated divorce matters, collaborative divorce, and mediation services. In each of these types of approaches to family law, the issues of child support, maintenance, enforcement and modification of support, parenting time disputes, and the division of assets, liabilities, and retirement investments are dealt with. Nichole also prepares pre and post nuptial agreements for her clients.
Nichole’s understanding of the great emotional toll family law disputes have on her clients helps her to assist her clients during a very difficult time . Nichole’s approach to her client’s matters is to advocate for her clients and find legally reasonable solutions which don’t exacerbate the financial toll divorce often takes on families, while also keeping her client’s best interests at the forefront. To help achieve this goal for her clients, Nichole has had extensive training with the Center for Conflict Resolution in Chicago, Illinois where she further developed her skills in the art of mediation. Nichole also trained in the practice of collaborative family law and is a Fellow and the organization’s 2020 President of the Collaborative Divorce of Illinois and a member of the International Collaborative Law Institute.
Nichole has been an active member of the Northwest Suburban Bar Association since joining the organization in 2002. In 2008 she was elected to the Board of Governors and in 2011 Nichole was elected to the Executive Committee as the Secretary. From 2013 – 2015 she served as 2nd Vice President, from 2015-2016 as 1st Vice President and from 2016-2017 as President.
Awarded in 2019-2021, Nichole has been selected to the 2021 Illinois Super Lawyers list. This is her third year in a row to be selected for the Illinois Super Lawyers. Each year, no more than five percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers and by Nichole’s peers to receive this honor.
- Illinois State Bar Association 2001-2003, 2007-2011
- Chicago Bar Association 2001-2006
Member, Matrimonial Law Committee
- Northwest Suburban Bar Association 2002 to Present
Board of Governors 2008 to Present
Membership Chair 2008-2012
Young Lawyers Committee Co-Chair 2006 to 2008
Court Facilitator Domestic Relations 2006 to Present
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America 2005-2006
- Collaborative Law Institute of Illinois
Fellow 2012 to Present
- NWSBA Executive Committee
1st Vice President 2015-2016
2nd Vice President 2013-2015
- The American Society of Legal Advocates
- Awarded 2019 and 2018, 10 Best Attorney for Client Satisfaction by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
- Awarded the 2019 and 2018 Lawyers of Distinction by The Lawyers of Distinction Organization
- Awarded 2018, Nation’s Top One Percent by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Awarded 2018, Top 100 Family Law Attorney in Illinois by the American Society of Legal Advocates
- Nichole has received the 2017 Nation’s Top One Percent by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Nichole has received the 2015, 2016 and 2017 Client Satisfaction Award by the American Institute of Family Law Attorney’s
- Nichole is also 2015’s Top 40 Lawyers Under 40 by the American Society of Legal Advocates. The ASLA is an invitation-only, nationwide organization of elite lawyers in practice today who combine stellar legal credentials with a proven commitment to community engagement and the highest professional standards
Let’s Work Together
You don’t have to go it alone. Schedule a free family law consultation.
Give us a call at 847-347-4300 or complete the form to get in touch.